A Better Connection to the World - So You Can Change It
UCR Information Technology Solutions (ITS) is pleased to announce two exciting new updates to our campus wireless infrastructure.
1. New Guest Wireless Network: Designed to make internet access for campus guests easily accessible through a quick self-enrollment process; similar to what you might find at a hotel or coffee shop.
2. Campus Wireless System Upgrades: Upgrades to existing wireless system hardware that will result in an improved overall wireless experience.
New Guest Wireless Network
The new Wi-Fi network labeled “UCR-GUEST” is designed to make internet access for campus guests easily accessible through a quick self-enrollment process. Once registered, guests will have access to Wi-Fi for a period of two weeks. If access is needed for more than a 14-day period, guests can re-enroll as many times as needed.
What do you need to know?
- On April 22, 2019, Information Technology Solutions will activate the "UCR-GUEST" wireless network.
- Locations of availability for the guest network will mirror the existing "ucrwpa" network.
- Campus guests may select the guest network from the list of available options and self-enroll for internet access.
- "UCR-GUEST" is not to be used as a replacement for "ucrwpa" for students and employees of the campus.
Campus Wireless System Upgrade:
As part of the wireless upgrade on April 22, noticeable changes to the "ucrwpa" network will include:
- Users may be presented a warning about the wireless security certificate the next time they log into "ucrwpa."
- Users may be prompted to enter their username and password the next time they login to the network.
Knowledge Base Articles
For step-by-step login instructions please visit one of our helpful knowledge base articles:
Have questions? We're here to help!
Contact UCR BearHelp
- Phone: (951) 827-4848 (IT4U)
- Email: email@example.com