UCR Information Technology Solutions (ITS) is pleased to announce the installation of another convenient laptop checkout kiosk in the Highlander Union Building (HUB) first-floor lobby. The new self-service kiosk will be available on October 31, 2019, and represents the largest unit in UCR’s laptop kiosk fleet, doubling the number of devices available for checkout! The new kiosk houses 60 laptop computers, including 24 MacBook Pros and 36 Dell Latitudes. The original two kiosks are located in the Rivera Library and Orbach Science Library, respectively, and each house 30 devices for student use.
- Availability: The new kiosk location doubles the number of devices available for checkout, providing greater accessibility and availability.
- Flexibility: The same applications and software available at the UCR computer labs are now available on the go with portable devices! Students can work from anywhere.
- Security: When a device is returned, the student's personal information and activity are automatically erased.
- Convenience: The checkout/return process is easy, and students can keep the device for 24 hours.
- It’s FREE: The laptop checkout kiosks are made possible by the Student Technology Fee (STF), so there is no additional cost to UCR students to use this service.
How to Check Out a Laptop:
- Visit a kiosk in the Rivera Library, Orbach Science Library, or HUB first floor lobby.
- Select your device, then swipe your R’Card and log in.
- Use the device anywhere on or off-campus for up to 24 hours. When done, return the device to the kiosk.
For detailed instructions on how to use the self-service laptop checkout kiosks please view this article.
Contact ITS BearHelp
Phone: (951) 827-4848 (IT4U)