Critical Update for Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Brave Browsers
Is your main internet browser Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, or Brave? If so, you should ensure that your browser is up to date so you are not vulnerable to hackers.
Google has issued a fix for a severe vulnerability in Chrome. Attackers are taking advantage of this by hacking into versions of Chrome that are not up to date. Since Edge and Brave are built on the same open-source software, you will need to update Edge and Brave, as well. Fortunately, the process for making sure your browser is up to date is quick and similar for all three browsers.
If you are a Chrome user, please do the following:
1. Open Chrome and click on the three vertical dots on the right-hand side.
2. Next, click on Help and then select About Chrome
3. Make sure that you have the current version of Chrome
Chrome should update automatically as soon as you select About Chrome. After Chrome is updated click on “relaunch the browser.” Your Chrome should now be up to date with proper security protections.
If you are an Edge user, please do the following:
- Click on the hamburger icon in the upper right-hand corner.
- Select settings
- Click on “About Microsoft Edge”
- Check to make sure Edge is up to date
If your Edge browser is not up to date, it will prompt you to update the browser.
If you are a Brave user, please do the following:
- Click on the three dots in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click on “About Brave”
- Check to make sure Brave is up to date
If your Brave browser is not up to date, it will prompt you to update the browser.
Thank you for taking the necessary steps to ensure safe browsing.