UCR Information Technology Solutions (ITS) has installed several laptop checkout kiosks to help students. The kiosks house 150 laptop computers, including MacBook Pros, Dell Latitudes, and Chromebooks. They are located in the Tomás Rivera Library (2 kiosks), Orbach Science Library (1 kiosk), and the Highlander Union Building (2 kiosks), and each house 30 devices for student use.
- Availability: The kiosk location doubles the number of devices available for checkout, providing greater accessibility and availability.
- Flexibility: The same applications and software available at the UCR computer labs are now available on the go with portable devices! Students can work from anywhere.
- Security: When a device is returned, the student's personal information and activity are automatically erased.
- Convenience: The checkout/return process is easy, and students can keep the device for 24 hours.
- It’s FREE: The laptop checkout kiosks are made possible by the Student Technology Fee (STF), so there is no additional cost to UCR students to use this service.
How to Check Out a Laptop:
- Visit a kiosk in the Rivera Library, Orbach Science Library, or HUB first floor lobby.
- Select your device, then swipe your R’Card and log in.
- Use the device anywhere on or off-campus for up to 24 hours. When done, return the device to the kiosk.
To get full instructions on how to use the self-service laptop checkout kiosks, watch the video below:
For detailed information including available software and devices, please view this article.