In light of the Chancellor’s notice of remote instruction for the first two weeks of winter quarter, the UCR Information Technology Solutions (ITS) and Exploration Center for Innovative Teaching and Engagement (XCITE) would like to provide a comprehensive list of resources that support remote instruction.
TEACHING.UCR.EDU: This website contains a robust list of teaching resources, including support for designing and developing remote classrooms, as well as training resources for instructional tools, such as Zoom, YuJa, and Canvas. Faculty can also request teaching assistance directly via the XCITE support form.
ONTHERISE.UCR.EDU: Per the Chancellor’s guidance, campus will remain open to employees. Instructors are encouraged to utilize the technology in their designated classrooms to instruct fully remote audiences. This website contains information about designated Rooms for Increasing Student Engagement (RISE), which are general assignment classrooms equipped with advanced instructional technology to support various modes of teaching, including remote instruction. The website includes training videos for equipment operation as well as pedagogy functions.
- RISE Pedagogical Support: Ongoing pedagogical support is provided by XCITE. XCITE is available upon request to assist instructors should they have issues with teaching modality in designated RISE rooms.
- RISE Technical Support: Ongoing technical support is provided by the ITS Multimedia team. In the event technology in a RISE classroom is broken or experiencing performance issues, the instructor can request technical support and a member of the ITS Multimedia team will be immediately dispatched to the classroom to resolve the issue or provide alternate equipment. In the event functional support is needed, the Multimedia team will route the request to the XCITE team.
CLASSROOM TRAINING: Quarterly instructional technology training for faculty scheduled to teach in the large lecture halls was completed the week of December 13, 2021. As a reminder, the ITS Multimedia team will visit large classrooms on the first day of instruction (January 3, 2022) to provide hands-on technical support, if needed. Instructors teaching in small classrooms can request one-on-one training from ITS Multimedia. To request Multimedia services or support, please complete the service request form in the IT service portal at ithelp.ucr.edu.
Additional campus resources:
- CAMPUSRETURN.UCR.EDU: Official campus resource for updates related to campus return, including announcements, guidance for instructors, health and safety protocol, and planning.
Additional IT resources:
- ITS.UCR.EDU/FACULTY: IT quick links for faculty working remotely
- ITHELP.UCR.EDU: The IT service portal where users can search for answers in the knowledge base, submit a support ticket, request a service, and download software
- TECHALERTS.UCR.EDU: Live updates concerning planned system maintenance and reported service disruptions or outages
- ITS.UCR.EDU/SOFTWARE: Instructions for faculty and students on how to access and use the Software Catalog to download available course software
- UCR.APPORTO.COM: UCR’s virtual computer lab where available course software can be accessed remotely without the need to download applications
- ITS.UCR.EDU/LOAN2LEARN: Students in need of off-campus access to a learning device are invited to apply to the ITS Loan2Learn program to receive a loaner device, such as a laptop, desktop, tablet, or headset
- ITS.UCR.EDU/RESEARCH-COMPUTING: Research computing information and resources for researchers, including storage, software, data management, and training and consulting
Please note that campus is closed from December 23, 2021, through January 2, 2022, in observance of the holidays. In an effort to provide emergency support to faculty as they make the switch to remote instruction, XCITE staff will be available to respond to teaching support requests from December 27, 2021, through December 30, 2021. However, ITS services will be unavailable for the duration of winter break. IT calls and support tickets submitted during this period will be processed on January 3, 2022. If you are having trouble accessing an IT service or application, please visit techalerts.ucr.edu to see if the service is currently undergoing planned maintenance or experiencing a known disruption.