ITS provides the following services in support of non-academic campus activities, including live events:
- Access to AV systems in general assignment classrooms being used for events*
- Delivery, setup, and operation of AV systems for campus events*
- Event recording services (raw documentation only; no post-production editing services)
AV System Installation and Support
- AV system installation, maintenance, and upgrades in department-managed spaces, such as conference and seminar rooms*
Online Activities Support
- Zoom training for non-academic use
- Zoom account upgrades for non-academic use*
- Recording and streaming services for live events* such as:
- Chancellor town halls
*services available on a recharge basis
ITS provides the following services in support of learning at UCR:
Actively enrolled students can browse and download available software applications from the Software Catalog.
Visit one of our four open-access computer labs located in Watkins Hall 2111, Watkins Hall 2117, Arts 311, and INTN 4023. Read about hours of operation and available equipment in the Knowledge Base.
Virtual Computer Lab
Apporto is UCR's virtual computer lab (VLab) service. Specialized instructional/classroom software can be easily accessed and run from within an internet browser, rather than downloading software onto your device. Log into Apporto at ucr.apporto.com using your NetID credentials. Find detailed instructions and information about available software in the Knowledge Base.
WEPA Printing Stations
Actively enrolled UCR students are given a $7 print quota each quarter and can log into Wēpa printers to perform tasks such as printing documents, uploading files to print, and depositing more funds. Students can print their documents from one of 21 cloud printing kiosks across campus. Printing options include color printing, double-sided printing, direct printing from Cloud accounts (e.g., Google docs), and touchless printing, as well as scanning documents to email. To find the Wēpa printer nearest you, download the “wēpa print” app from your smartphone app store, select “University of California Riverside” as your school, and log in. You can also visit www.wepanow.com and log in by selecting “University of California Riverside (UCR)” as your school.
For more information, please view the Wepa Knowledge Base articles.
Students can check out a complimentary laptop for up to 24 hours from one of our five laptop kiosks. Laptop kiosks are located in the HUB Lobby (2 kiosks), the Rivera Library Lobby (2 kiosks), and the Orbach Library lobby (1 kiosk). Learn how to check out and return a device from the UCR self-service laptop checkout kiosks in the Knowledge Base.
The Loan2Learn (L2L) Program supports students in need of off-campus access to a learning device. Any student who does not have off-campus access to internet or a device that supports remote teaching and learning—such as a laptop, desktop, tablet, or headset—may apply to the L2L Program.
There are many ways students can receive tech support:
- Speak to a trained lab consultant by visiting one of our computer labs during open hours
- Call the ITS BearHelp helpdesk at (951) 827-4848 for live phone support during normal business hours
- Submit a support ticket in the IT Service Portal
To learn more about the technology available to students, please watch this Student Technology Overview video.
As a prominent research institution, the University of California, Riverside is home to faculty, staff, and students who help to perform internationally recognized research in diverse fields such as earthquake engineering, wildfire response, biotechnology, renewable energy, and water resources just to name a few. In order for these and other research efforts at the university to maintain the highest standards of scholarship, increase in scale and efficiency, and lead in scientific discovery, the access, expertise, tools, and capacity of a robust Research Computing strategy are essential.
Research Computing is dedicated to supporting the talent and the research of UC Riverside’s many highly acclaimed faculty members, and outstanding undergraduate and graduate students. In today’s world research requires advanced computing and data management resources.
We offer powerful onsite and offsite computing resources, support, consulting, and training with the help of our partners. In conjunction with The Library, Bourns College of Engineering (BCOE), College of Natural & Agricultural Sciences, School of Medicine, The Office of Research and Economic Development, UCR Research IT Leaders (RITL), and other groups on and off-campus we are working to help bring new, useful and effective tools and technologies to our faculty.
ITS provides the following services in support of teaching at UCR:
General Assignment Classroom Technology
- AV system installation, maintenance, and upgrades
- Consultation services and guidance for campus classroom expansion
- Training for instructors on the use of classroom AV systems
- AV system access management (unlocking and securing of instructor cabinets)
- Live support during instruction requested via the classroom help button or phone
- Delivery and/or installation of items per instructor special request, including:
- catchbox for large lecture halls
- specialized software
- recording equipment
- course capture services
Departmental Classrooms and Instructional Spaces
- Delivery of equipment to non-equipped spaces for instruction
- AV system installation and maintenance*
- Live support during instruction (currently an out-of-policy, unfunded mandate)
*services available on a recharge basis
Instructional Material Creation and Support
- Maintenance and operation of instructional studio spaces, including:
- learning glass
- green screen
- Consulting and support services for digital instructional materials*, including:
- format conversions
- streaming services
- digital asset management via YuJa
*some services only available on a recharge basis
Hybrid and Online Activities Support
- User support and application administrator for Zoom, YuJa, and other multimedia and classroom technology platforms
- Supports XCITE, which provides direct pedagogical and instructional training to instructors
Canvas (eLearn) is UC Riverside’s official learning management system. To log into Canvas, please go to elearnhome.ucr.edu and enter your UCR NetID and password credentials. Canvas support is available from within the application, as well as through the Canvas community. For UCR-specific training and teaching support, please visit teaching.ucr.edu.
ITS NEWS + UPDATES
Get the latest information about your campus security, threats, and ways to keep safe, all in one place.