Student Technology Support
Student Technology Support (STS) supports four open-access computer labs: Watkins Hall 2111 & 2117, Arts 311, and INTN 4023. Additionally, we support a student laptop checkout program with five kiosks, each with 30 laptops, located in the HUB Lobby (2 kiosks), the Rivera Library Lobby (2 kiosks), and the Orbach Library lobby (1 kiosk).
STS staff provide assistance with the use of the computer labs, student email (and related Google services), iLearn, wireless network access, VPN, and other services used by UCR students. Assistance is available by:
- Coming to any of our public computer labs during open hours
- Calling (951) 827-4848 (IT4U)
- Submitting a ServiceLink ticket
We employ one full-time staff member, and approximately 24 trained Lab Consultants, to assist students with the use of our services.
To learn more about technology available to students, please watch the following ITS videos:
Student Help Desk
The Help Desk is available by submitting a ServiceLink ticket and by phone at (951) 827-4848 to answer a variety of questions related to computing services offered at UCR.
Help Desk phone hours are:
- Monday – Friday: 8:00am to 5:00pm
- Saturday & Sunday: Closed
- Closed on holidays
Student Computing Services strives to offer UCR students the highest level of computer services and facilities. Our primary mission - to support instruction and students with the tools and technologies necessary for classwork and research - is facilitated by:
- Providing courteous customer service
- Providing the highest level of basic assistance to those who use our services
- Maintaining equipment and software at the highest possible standard and striving for a maximum down-time of 48 hours
- Maintaining a clean and friendly computing environment for all who use our facilities